Wedding Ceremony Agreement and Confirmation This agreement, made this day of , 202_ by and between Funny Lie Lady Weddings hereinafter referred to as: The Officiant and and hereinafter referred to as: The Couple.
WITNESSETH: In consideration of the mutual covenants and agreement herein contained, The Officiant and The Couple hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
THE OFFICIANT’S RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Officiant shall perform a marriage ceremony for The Couple on the day of , 202_ at the approximate time of: a.m./p.m. at/on the facility of located at: .
- The Officiant warrants that she is a professional officiant, recognized as a legally ordained minister, fully qualified to officiate wedding ceremonies and solemnize the rites of all marriages in Michigan and most states in the U.S.
- The Officiant will provide the following services under the terms of this agreement:
- A preliminary confirmation reserving the date, time and location of the wedding ceremony as indicated above will be sent via email to The Couple.
- Creation of the ceremony.
- Two weeks prior to the wedding, a member of The Couple will receive a final check-in call to reconfirm all aspects of the ceremony and list all items which will be needed on the day of the wedding.
- The Officiant shall complete and execute the marriage license and file (mail) said license in accordance with the instructions set forth by the jurisdiction from where the license was obtained.
THE COUPLE’S RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Couple understands that they must obtain a Marriage License at the appropriate jurisdiction for which the ceremony will be performed and shall provide said Marriage License to The Officiant to review and execute on the day of the ceremony. The Couple has been informed and fully understands that if a valid marriage license is not presented with government issued identification to the Officiant BEFORE the ceremony is performed, the Officiant cannot perform a legally valid marriage ceremony.
- The Couple shall not change the date, time or location of the wedding as listed in paragraph 1 of this agreement without first contacting and advising The Officiant of said change so as to determine if The Officiant is still available to perform the ceremony. The Couple also understands and recognizes that The Officiant performs other wedding ceremonies for other couples and such change of date, time, or location without first notifying The Officiant, or any excessive lateness (30 minutes & over) of the originally scheduled wedding ceremony time may prevent The Officiant from performing the ceremony. If The Couple does change the date, time, or location of the scheduled wedding ceremony, and The Officiant is unavailable to perform the ceremony, then The Officiant reserves the right to cancel the performance of their ceremony, and shall in no way be held responsible or liable in any manner whatsoever for non-performance.
- If The Officiant can still perform the wedding ceremony on the new date, time, and location, then this agreement shall be canceled and a new agreement entered into reflecting the new date, time and location.
- The Couple agrees to pay The Officiant a ceremony performance fee of $__ plus any mutually agreed upon additional services and/or travel expenses outside the 20 mile radius of Jenison, MI 49428. To reserve the above date, a NON-REFUNDABLE payment in full in the amount of designated above shall be remitted with this agreement (made payable by check, cashier’s check, or by credit card through PayPal or Venmo to “Laurie Ayers” ).
- A non-refundable paying in full must be paid in advance and is required, along with a signed contract, to book a date and time for a wedding. Payments are not refundable should the wedding be canceled for any reason, however it will be applied to rescheduled ceremonies.
- Fees are based upon amount of service time provided. If services go beyond the outlined details (i.e. extensive phone calls, email communications, or delays with the start of the ceremony) additional fees will be assessed accordingly at the rate of $50.00 per half hour and are due paid prior to the signing of the marriage license.
- You will receive a notice (via email or mail) acknowledging receipt of the deposit and confirming your booking date and time. A PDF copy of this document in its entirety will be returned to you by email. Hard copy of this document in its entirety will be returned to you within 30 business days if you so request.
- REFUSAL: The Officiant reserves the right to refuse any request for a reservation and further reserves the right to refuse to perform any service that she is not comfortable with, even though a reservation was accepted. If a wedding service that has been reserved is not performed, then a refund shall be due in the same form it was received.
- DELAYS: No refund will be given if The Officiant is not able to perform the ceremony because of any delays beyond the stipulated time period. If for ANY reason the ceremony starts 30 minutes or more after it is scheduled, The Officiant may, at her option, perform a very short civil ceremony in place of the agreed-upon ceremony. Neither shall Funny Lie Lady Weddings or Laurie Ayers be held liable for any costs of the ceremony or reception, or damages of any kind. The Officiant will charge an additional $50.00 per half hour if required to wait more than 29 minutes past the scheduled starting time. Said fee is due paid prior to the signing of the marriage license. The ability of The Officiant to wait more than 30 minutes will be solely at her discretion. If The Couple wishes to void this clause and reserve The Officiant’s services for the entire day, there will be an additional $75.00 charge, and this must be agreed upon according to the availability of The Officiant at the time of contract signing.
- TRAVEL AND EXPENSES: Any travel of over 20 miles (one way) from The Officiant’s home address shall be charged at $1.00 per mile (round trip). Mileage will be determined using Google Maps. All toll expenses are also the responsibility of The Couple. Additional travel expenses may include a one night hotel stay, if the wedding is more than 50 miles away from the ceremony location. These details MUST be discussed prior to signing the contract. Hotel accommodations are required for any of the following conditions: If the wedding is after 6:00 p.m. and more than 50 miles away All travel expenses should be included in the total ceremony cost and need to be paid two weeks prior to the ceremony. All parking fees and entrance fees to your venue are to be paid by The Couple and shall be included in the total ceremony cost and shall be paid two weeks prior to the ceremony.
- The Officiant shall arrive at the wedding location 20 minutes prior to the time of the wedding ceremony. The Couple fully understands and agrees that The Officiant shall not be responsible or held liable in the event The Officiant is prohibited from performing The Couple’s wedding ceremony due to illness, hospitalization, auto accident, transportation breakdown/disruption, traffic difficulties, acts of God such as tornadoes, blizzards, or inclement weather or other unforeseen incapacitation or other cause of non-arrival on the day of the ceremony. The Officiant will make every attempt to notify The Couple and to provide a substitute Officiant who can perform a wedding ceremony if time and resources permit. Should The Officiant be unable to arrive at the ceremony venue due to weather related road conditions, a representative of The Couple may provide transportation. Any mileage fees paid would be refunded. In any event, The Officiant, their agents and assigns shall NOT be held liable for any compensation or any damages (including punitive) due to non-performance of any ceremony/function resulting from such incapacitations, non-arrival, errors and/or omissions of any type.
- The Couple gives permission and shall allow The Officiant to post a photograph(s) of them with The Officiant on The Officiant’s website for viewing by the internet community. The Couple acknowledges that this is for promotional purposes only and they do not expect to receive any compensation of any kind. There shall be no expiration for this permission.
- The Officiant gives permission and shall allow The Couple to use any photographs, videos, or other recording media in which The Officiant is in, or part of, in any manner or for any purpose they wish. Upon request The Couple agrees to provide The Officiant digital photographs and/or video footage where The Officiant is present in the media for any purpose she wishes.
- This agreement and attachments constitute the entire agreement between the parties and may not be modified except in writing signed by both parties or by the acknowledgment of email received by both parties. No other representations or promises have been made except those that are set out in this agreement.
If any part of this agreement is adjudged invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the remaining parts shall not be affected and remain in full force and effect.
TotalFee: $ = Ceremony Fee $ + Applicable Add-on Fees $
Payment in full is due at contract signing to reserve your date and is not refundable made payable by check, cashier’s check, or by credit card through PayPal or Venmo to “Laurie Ayers” .
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto agree to the terms and conditions as described above and have caused this contract to be signed on the dates indicated below, but effective as of the effective date.
Laurie P. Ayers (Officiant) (Date)
(Client Print Name) (Date)
(Client Print Name) (Date)
(Client Signature and Phone Number)
(Client Signature and Phone Number)
(Client Email Address)
(Client Mailing Address)
Print out form, sign and send with your paymenti n full. Or pay via Pay Pal or Venmo
Be sure to call or email to check availability of date.