NOVEMBER 2019 UPDATE: As you can imagine, the actress Lori Loughlin (Aunt Becky) has not made it easy for me to perform under my moniker, Laurie Laughlin, so I am now using my passport name, Laurie Ayers. She commits the crime, and I have to escape her reputation. #privledgedprincess
Ever since actress Lori Loughlin embroiled herself in a college admissions cheating scandal in March of 2019, I, Laurie Laughlin with an A, have been along for the ride.
My Twitter account is LaurieLaughlin_. Yet so very many people think that I, a redheaded comedian from the Midwest, more specifically a Motivational Humorist from the Midwest, am the same actress, Lori Loughlin, with an O, who paid $500,000 to USC so that her daughter could gain admission to the California university.
You see from photos of me here, that I am not the same person. #notauntbecky.
Here’s a sampling of some of the love mail (tweets) I’ve received at my LaurieLaughlin_ twitter account:
- Shame on you. Your daughters deserve better.
- LaurieLaughlin_ this will be bad for the girls. It kinda means they’re stupid and can’t get into school the right way.
- I care more about prison time they’ll throw at Laurie Laughlin. That gal has been arrogant, hiding under a mask of sweetness and victimhood. pfft.
- Hallmark movie should fire LaurieLaughlin_ for her disgusting participation in the college scandal.
- Your daughters must face explosion [not expulsion] due to you. Cheating is wrong.
- F’ing feds locked up LaurieLaughlin_. Y’all running out of MF to arrest.
- #Jail for LaurieLaughlin_
- FU for cheating. Jail for you.
- Arrogant + Clueless: Valueless
- Laurie you really are setting such a bad example for your daughters. Shame on you.
- Why are you smiling? You should be ashamed of yourself.
- From Full House to the Big House.
- LaurieLaughlin_ is remorseful and sad she didn’t get away with the CRIME she committed. Pathetic. Throw the damn book at her. #privlegedprincess
- In a tweet to Geraldo Rivera I was tagged: I’m still upset over your college cheating tweet. What do you think of the kids of worked hard – very, very hard tt get into a great college. They were told NO, after all that work so LaurieLaughlin_ could just pay. #jailtime get real. Are you friends or something.
- In a tweet to Elizabeth Warren: What’s your plan to deter or punish people who lie on their college application. Can LaurieLaughlin_ get a pass for trying to game the system?
- Does LaurieLaughlin_ ever stop smirking?
- Looks like the Hallmark Channel and cheating actress LaurieLaughlin_ isn’t such a good Christian after all. #Wealthyelites #fakechristian #Cheat Once a cheater always a cheater.
- If Felicity Huffman gets one month in jail, LaurieLaughlin_ should get 5 years for huge bribe, false pictures rowing & fraud.
- Why are you smiling on camera? This is no smiling matter.
What takes place below was a, oh let’s call it, a bit of banter between one of my Twitter “fans”, Carol Murray and me. She actually thought she was talking to the actress … at 0530 PT on a Sunday morning.
Some of my responses are the creative genius of a collaboration with some Facebook fans, including other comics, as they were following along live with this event as it happened.
Carol: LaurieLaughlin_ I hope you are sent to prison for years for your major participation in the pay to play scams. You think your celebrity status will save you. It won’t.
LL: You think I have celebrity status? #swoon
Carol: You and your husband are like so many other rich people. You paid $500,000 to buy daughter’s entry.
LL: Bad vowel movement, Carol.
Carol: You’re being ridiculous.
LL: You seem to know a lot about my husband’s finances which is a bit weird for me, considering I’m not married.
Carol: Oh please, your ridiculous responses don’t even deserve the time it takes to reply to you LaurieLaughlin_. You still make me sick to think you’re so privileged to buy your daughter’s entrance to USC. I graduated from UNC with a 3.96 GPA and paid my own way.
LL: Your 3.96 at UNC didn’t help you with google sleuthing. I’d ask for a refund. Duke is better.
LL: Carol, I really am a nice person. Maybe we should talk in person. I’ll give you 2 tickets for my next upcoming show, then I’ll buy you a coffee after the show. How’s that sound?
Carol: Thanks for the offer. FL is too far from CA. It’s disgusting you paid $500,000. Felicity admitted guilt.
Then Carol posted a screen shot of an article with headline spelled Lori Loughlin and “Loughlin & her husband pleaded not guilty.”
LL: Carol, Carol, Carol. Use your GPA to figure it out. It’s right in front of you. Take another look.
Carol: I have spelled your name correctly, Laurie Laughlin. See? I know how to spell your name correctly. Don’t be such a snob. You are no better than anyone else. Wealth and notoriety don’t determine quality and decency of a human being.
LL: Carol, I tried to spell it out for you, but I and my fans can’t sit back and watch you embarrass yourself any further. Then I posted this graphic:
Carol: Good luck in court. Don’t bother me again!
Enter random twitter follower: Carol – YOU’VE MADE THE SAME MISTAKE AS OTHERS. Heck I even started following her because she wasn’t the real Laurie, just to watch her responses to ppl like you.
Welcome to my world. You know what they say about publicity, any exposure is good exposure. Maybe I should be arrested for impersonating a criminal.
Since Lori Loughlin’s court case is still pending, I fully expect this is not the end of people telling me to rot in jail.
What I have learned throughout the last six months of this mistaken identity and harassment is that people do care and are passionate about education and fairness. But their anger gets pointed at the wrong person.
As a motivational humorist, I show people through comedy and motivation how to channel that energy. You can read more about me and what I do at www.LaurieLaughs.com
p.s. For the record, Laurie Laughlin is my stage name. I was using it before Lori Loughlin got herself into trouble. My real name is Pontius Pilate. I wanted to keep the alliteration though.
J/K – it’s Rebecca Donaldson Katsopolis.
Stay tuned for dates and locations of my LaurieLaughlin_’s Two Weeks in Jail Tour.
If you liked this post please Like, Share, and Post a Comment. As Managing Director of Concealed Statements I specialize in exposing lies through verbal and written statements, and teach others to do the same via an entertaining keynote presentation for your convention or conference.